November 23rd- 31 weeks 2 days

Monday, November 23, 2009 8:23 PM by Serena-Mom of 4 boys
What a busy couple weeks it's been for this pregnancy. On November 8th we had another scare. I went back into Labor and Delivery for more bleeding and contractions. I received a shot to stop the contractions but on a good note the babies all looked good. So it looks like any small outings that I would partake in are not an option anymore. My low lying placenta of the identicals are causing the bleeding so the doctor prescribed me to stay off my feet as much as possible.

All had been ok since then until Friday November 20th when I went back to specialist for a routine check-up. The babies once again looked great. They checked their fluids and that looked good as well. They are now weighing in at Baby A- 3 lb 8 oz, Baby B- 3 lb, and Baby C- 3 lb 5 oz. So I now have 9 lbs 13 oz of just baby. Now the bad news is that my blood pressure was high enough for the doctor to be concerned. He had me go back into Labor and Deliver on Saturday the 21st to have it checked and have some blood work done. On Saturday my blood pressure was still high and the blood work showed my platelets were low. Since I already had an appointment scheduled for today they decided to check it again. I am now being seen 2 times a week for a non-stress test. The NST checks the babies heartbeats to ensure they are not in any type of stress. They of course checked my blood pressure again today and it appears to have gone up. I was sent back to do the blood work again and as of the end of day today I have to go back to do blood work again tomorrow. The doctor fears that I am developing HELLP Syndrome. HELLP stands for Hemolysis, Elevated Liver enzyme levels and a Low Platelet count. These are problems that can occur in women with this syndrome. Women with HELLP syndrome may have bleeding problems, liver problems and blood pressure problems that can hurt both the mother and the baby. The only thing that usually corrects this is to deliver the babies. So I may be having our babies sooner than we wanted. We are praying that we receive some good news tomorrow and that I can carry the babies for a few more weeks. I will keep you posted and please pray.

0 Response to "November 23rd- 31 weeks 2 days"

Post a Comment