"Those Moments"

Friday, March 2, 2012 10:02 PM by Serena-Mom of 4 boys

Boys,

So today was one of those days. You'll know these days one day when you get older. Those days you want to tuck back in your mind so you can relive it over and over. Those days where all the frustrations and doubt that your a good parent drift away and you think, I got this and man is this awesome. So today was Dr. Seuss' Birthday so I decided to do a whole theme. Now it wasn't like we don't always read or engage but your reactions today were just too much. We watched the Cat in the Hat and read 3 of Dr. Seuss' books and ate green eggs and ham and you were all so into it and animated. Don't get me wrong, you still fought with eachother and I'm sure there were tantrums but the great moments of today just help those to soften. My all time favorite moment my sons were when we were reading green eggs and ham. Samuel, you just listened in awe. Jeremiah, you kept pointing at things on the pages, and naming all the items that you recognized, car, train, mess, etc. Now Isaac, you were sitting on my lap and as I was reading, you turned around, looked up at me, held my face with your little chubby hands and gave me a kiss and smiled. Like saying, thanks mama, you rock. Of course this moment absolutely took my breath away and reminded me why I chose to stay home with you, to leave a job I loved, to obviously stay home to a better job. I never saw myself as a stay at home but yet here I am. I recently spoke to your Papa about this very subject. Comparing myself to someone we knew that absolutely is an awesome stay-at -home mom and stating, I'm not that person, she is great. Your Papa's response to me was, your right, your not that person, you are you, and they couldn't do what you do on their best day. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a competition, it's more of my self doubt getting the best of me at times. Now that was awesome for him to say but I'm not sure I truly believed it until today. This day brought tears to my eyes and reminded me to take it all in and remember what it's all about. Now my baby boys, I can't forget about your big brother. Now today he was going to a fieldtrip to Knotts Berry Farm that left tonight. Although he came home with friends and they hung out here, he still finished his chores and as he left, he made sure to give me a hug and kiss and say I love you mom. Now for a kid about to be 13, and do this in front of his friends is big. He loves his mama and I love all my boys. Thank you my loves for taking my breath away. These are those moments...

1 Response to ""Those Moments""

  1. Unknown Says:

    i am in this story

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers